How to Get the Most Out of Your Hair Serum
Hair serums are a miracle product in many women’s hair care regimen. They can provide smooth, beautiful hair, add shine, give heat protection, and humidity protection. Serums can be used with flat irons, blow dryers, and even on air dried hair.
Today, Lionesse would like to take a few minutes out to teach you about the ways you can get the maximum benefit out of your hair serum. Read on below to see what methods work best, and learn how you can make the most of this hair necessity.
What is a Hair Serum?
Hair serums are silicone-based hair products that provide shine, heat protection, frizz control, moisture balance, and protection from the elements to your hair. They are generally a thick liquid type of product, almost comparable to syrup, and are exceptionally useful and helpful when styling your hair.
Apply to Dry Hair for Frizz Control
If you notice your style is looking a bit rough around the edges, take that edge off with some of your favorite frizz controlling hair serum. Hair serums generally provide optimum frizz control and protection, and can even tame down already frizzy hair. Smooth a bit from the middle of your strands downwards – remember, only use a small amount of product, which will go a long way – and comb through with your fingers. If you apply too much, there’s a fix for that – simply blast some heat from your blow dryer onto your strands using a brush, and you can be sure your style will look fab in no time.
Apply To Damp Hair for Shine
If you want to attain the maximum shine benefit from hair serums, be sure to apply it to damp hair after you’ve washed your hair to get great shine and manageability.
Other Tips for Using Hair Serum
Here are some other super beneficial tips for getting the most out of your hair serum:
- Always apply the serum to your fingertips, never directly to the hair. Then, rub your fingers together to apply throughout the hair.
- Never apply serum from the bottle or from your hands directly to the scalp. This will weigh your hair down and could cause irritation. Be sure to begin using the product from at least 3-4 inches away from the scalp, and work downwards. The ends of the hair and middle shaft of the hair will benefit from the use of the product far more than the scalp or top of the hair will.
- You always want to apply serum to clean, fresh hair, whether or not it’s damp or dry makes no difference. By applying serum products to dirty hair, it will only cause your hair to look greasy and could even cause dandruff. Avoid this by always applying to clean hair.
- Be sure to use a good quality serum, even if it means you need to splurge a bit. The best serums do tend to cost more.
- You may need to try a few different hair serums before you actually find one that works well for you. If you feel as though you aren’t getting your desired outcome from the serum you are presently using, be sure to give another brand a try.