Gold Is Trending for Fall
In case you haven’t been paying attention, GOLD IS IN. Gold was everywhere during the Fall-Winter 2016-2017 shows and they proved that experimentation is key! Here are some ideas for gold make-up to really usher in that pumpkin season! Not only is gold flattering on any skin tone and easy to master, there’s no wrong way to wear it. From the metallic bronzes to the soft coppery shades, all the way to the electric golds, there’s always a fresh version for everyone, so make your eyes pop and your lips sparkle with these trending gold looks!
- All that glitters is gold, and it all looks great on your eyes. This fall season, shine bright like a diamond with glittery makeup, whether it be drenching the eyes in shimmering eye shadow, softly brushing brow bones with a bit of glossy shine, or creating a killer cheekbone highlight with a dash of sparkles.
- Sunshine Eyes are bringing in the sunbeams! This specific look is less about warm shades like peach, pink, and tangerine — and more about bright gold, yellow, and orange, all in bold gilded finishes. The trend works with both powder and cream formulas, so long as they’re metallic and not at all subtle.
- Glowy Skin: After so many seasons of extreme contouring and extreme strobing, (which you can thank the Kardashian clan for) we’re back to skin that looks more like actual skin. (Thank goodness!) Complexion goals for this fall should be a slightly dewy texture with soft flushed cheeks, and subtle, non-shimmery highlights. Bring in some subtle shine to your cheekbones and browbones to really create an angelic glow.
- Gold Nails: We’re talking about drawing some lines here. In the latest manicure trends, we’re seeing some digital lines melding into some linear nail art What’s so great about this nail art is just how easy it is to do it yourself! Dip an old liquid eyeliner brush in polish, and drag it across your polished or bare nails. Gold on your fingers never looked so good!
- Ombré Orange-Red Lip: This fresh and sporty look really brings the colours of fall to your face. Using a bright orange-red lip, and a quick dab of liquid orange pigment in the centre of the mouth, you’ll be doing more than carving pumpkins, you’ll be slaying them.
- The Slight Highlight:Highlighting has been constantly seen as great route for emphasizing on certain points, just where the light hits. Touch up on that cupid’s bow and brow arches to give your skin a glowing gold finish.
- Bottom Lid Golds: Instead of bringing that shimmer to the top lips, throw in some glittery gold eye shadow to really bring out your lower lids. Top this off with some dark reverse cat-eye and you’ll bring enough gold to put even Cleopatra to shame.
- Accents: These accents should be the exclamation mark on your eyes. You can draw these on using a pencil liner on either the edges of your eyes and on the inner lids for a subtle gold look.